Monday, September 12, 2011

Philomena Schuette

Back to the Ziegemeier side of the family today.

Philomena Schuette is my great grandmother b. Nov. 6, 1865, d. Dec. 26, 1928. Father is Heinrich Schuette, mother is Margaretha Heintzelmann. Philomena was married twice. First to Joseph Algermissen and then to my great-grandfather Franz Ziegemeier.

I have been looking for Philomena (Mina, Minnie)'s parents in the census and hitting lots of dead ends until today. I found Mina Schuette 14 y/o in the 1880 census listed as the step-daughter of Herman Wahoman and Margaretha. Step-son Henry Schuette is 16 y/o. Herman and Margaretha have 3 other children listed: Alois (son) 9 y/o. George (son) 3 y/o, and daughter Emilie 1 month old.

Going by the age of Alois and Mina, I am guessing that Heinrich died before 1870. I haven't found any information on Heinrich's death, burial, immigration or marriage. He was born in Hanover, Germany.

Philomena and Joseph Algermissen had 2 children: Leo H who died in infancy, and Leo Joseph. Joseph died Oct. 30, 1888. Philomena married Franz (Frank) Ziegemeier May 14, 1895. They had 6 children, one of whom died in infancy if my research is correct.

Margaretha Heintzelmann is another person I am researching but not getting very far with. More work to be done here.

No comments:

Post a Comment